HOMEFORUMINFODIAGNOSISTREATMENTDISEASESBOOKSCHATBLOGLINKS

Begin overcoming hypochondria today with hypnosis

Lump in vein

Talk with others about the symptoms you are experiencing. NOTE: Do not rely on the advice you find here alone, if you are experiencing any severe symptoms please seek medical attention.

Moderators: hypotoo, thehypochondriac

Lump in vein

Postby floridababe » Tue Sep 09, 2008 8:23 pm

OK I noticed a hard lump about the size of a BB on the inside of my left arm in the vein.I was afraid it was a clot,but the doctor told me it was a hematoma.This was over 2 weeks ago,and it still hasn't gone away.Has anyone else had something like this in their vein? If so how did you get rid of it.
floridababe
New Hypochondriac

Re: Lump in vein

Postby hypotoo » Wed Sep 10, 2008 2:39 am

It goes away when it goes away. Period. It's bruise. A hematoma is a bruise. If it's in the vein it could also be a valve. Arm veins have valves like leg veins. Sometimes you can feel them. If it's a valve it's normal not abnormal anatomy.

Your doctor examined you and diagnosed you.... why are you discussing this on this board? Oh, I forgot it's a hypochondriac board. Yes, well then let me rephrase the questions... why are you worried about
this tiny problem?

It'll either go away or it won't. If it doesn't you'll have a BB sized bump in your arm. It'll never kill you, hurt you, or disfigure you. It's nothing.
hypotoo
Full Blown Hypochondriac

Re: Lump in vein

Postby hypotoo » Wed Sep 10, 2008 2:39 am

It goes away when it goes away. Period. It's bruise. A hematoma is a bruise. If it's in the vein it could also be a valve. Arm veins have valves like leg veins. Sometimes you can feel them. If it's a valve it's normal not abnormal anatomy.

Your doctor examined you and diagnosed you.... why are you discussing this on this board? Oh, I forgot it's a hypochondriac board. Yes, well then let me rephrase the questions... why are you worried about
this tiny problem?

It'll either go away or it won't. If it doesn't you'll have a BB sized bump in your arm. It'll never kill you, hurt you, or disfigure you. It's nothing.
hypotoo
Full Blown Hypochondriac

Return to Symptom Support