HOMEFORUMINFODIAGNOSISTREATMENTDISEASESBOOKSCHATBLOGLINKS

Begin overcoming hypochondria today with hypnosis

Can't Stop Worrying...

Feel free to talk about anything of interest in this forum

Moderators: hypotoo, thehypochondriac

Can't Stop Worrying...

Postby ChronicCrisis » Mon Jul 25, 2011 2:37 pm

Hello. So here's a bit of information about me:

I'm a female, I'm 19 years old, and I'm generally healthy. On the last day of June, I had to put my dog to sleep, which upset me very much. I've also been extremely stressed out at work, and any time I get an ache or pain, I stress out even more.

For the past couple of weeks, I've been feeling really weird, and haven't been able to have a normal, satisfying BM.

I went to the Doctor's (about a week and a half ago), she felt around (hard) and said it all felt fine, and put me on a prescription laxative (Glycol).

It does help, but I still haven't had a normal BM. It's very soft and sometimes watery, which is what laxatives do, I know... But I'm scared something else is wrong with me. To the point where I cry myself to sleep about it at night, and start to hyperventilate when I think about it. I feel around on my stomach to make sure nothing feels different to me, and sometimes I swear it's bloated. Maybe it's all in my head, but still, it freaks me out beyond belief.

I've tried talking to my parents, my co-workers, my best friend, and my boyfriend. But every time we talk about it, they end up saying, "You're fine, stop worrying."

I'm terrified that it's colon cancer, or something seriously wrong. I'm only 19, I can't die yet...
I don't wanna worry anymore :(
ChronicCrisis
New Hypochondriac

Re: Can't Stop Worrying...

Postby GVFD3842 » Fri Aug 26, 2011 6:41 am

Hey I don't know if this will help your worring or not but were the same age and I have the same problems you described I was also diagnosed with anxiety when I was 11 and for about 4 years now I've been a hypochondriac I met my gf 2 years ago and she helped me get over it. I was perfectly fine until about 5 months ago me and my gf went through a pretty hard and emotional time and things just went down hill from there. I've worried constantly and am depressed a lot and its effected me physically which has had me worried about all kinds off things being wrong with me. And I went and seen my doctor and he couldn't find anything wrong with me so he sent me to a pshycologist and she said that all the symptoms I had where do to me having generalized anxiety disorder and some scenes of post tramatic stress. I don't know how you worry or what kinda stress you have but I hope maybe this helps you a bit.
GVFD3842

Return to General Discussion