HOMEFORUMINFODIAGNOSISTREATMENTDISEASESBOOKSCHATBLOGLINKS

Begin overcoming hypochondria today with hypnosis

intestinal parasites?

Talk with others about the symptoms you are experiencing. NOTE: Do not rely on the advice you find here alone, if you are experiencing any severe symptoms please seek medical attention.

Moderators: hypotoo, thehypochondriac

intestinal parasites?

Postby omgseriouslywtf » Wed Sep 10, 2008 7:45 pm

Hey I was just wondering if I could get some advice..

Off and on (months and months apart) I'll see little worms in my stool, and feel the worms actually coming out of me at night to deposit the eggs or whatever. I know this is pin worm. I was tested for it, but I guess the pin worms weren't actually around at the time because the tests came back negative. So a question.. can pin worms just go away on their own? Or are they kind of there until you treat them, but only pop up every once in awhile?

I also have a question about tapeworms.. I seem to have the symptoms of it: bloating, cramping, losing lots of weight for no good reason (which I figured was stress and anxiety, but it could very well be this too.).. also I guess anxiety can be caused by tapeworms as well. How do I go about being tested for a tapeworm? And do you think I likely have one with those symptoms? Or do you think it's just the anxiety that's making my stomach act up and causing me to lose weight?
omgseriouslywtf
New Hypochondriac

Re: intestinal parasites?

Postby hypotoo » Wed Sep 10, 2008 8:07 pm

No pinworms do not go away without treatment. A couple of pills over a couple of weeks and your cured. How old are you? Pinworms are pretty rare in people over the age of 15.

Who knows if you have a tapeworm. Your symptoms are also explained by anxiety. See your doctor to discover the true nature.
hypotoo
Full Blown Hypochondriac

Postby omgseriouslywtf » Wed Sep 10, 2008 10:06 pm

I'm 21.. but I've seen the pin worms years ago. If I didn't have them treated then, then they're probably still around right?
omgseriouslywtf
New Hypochondriac

Postby hypotoo » Thu Sep 11, 2008 2:08 am

If you tested negative for pinworms then you don't have pinworms.

You are contradicting your own post. You said you "Off and on (months and months apart) I'll see little worms in my stool, and feel the worms actually coming out of me at night to deposit the eggs or whatever." Now you say that this was years ago. So what's the truth? Years or months?

You said, "I know this is pin worm. I was tested for it, but I guess the pin worms weren't actually around at the time because the tests came back negative." When were you tested for it? Years ago or months ago?

So either you never had them or they went away on their own. My guess is that you never had them. Untreated pinworm infections cause other symptoms that would have caused you some fairly large problems. Since you don't complain of these other symptoms I assume you don't have them. What does your doctor say?
hypotoo
Full Blown Hypochondriac

Postby omgseriouslywtf » Thu Sep 11, 2008 2:26 pm

It was years ago that this first started.. and the pin worms seem to come back every few months. I spoke to a nurse last night who said that pin worms don't go away without being treated. They flare up from time to time, and you continually reinfect yourself, because they get on your clothes, etc.

Testing for pin worms involves stool sample and a little stick with sticky material on it that you press against you to see if it can pick up any eggs. If there aren't any worms in the stool at the time (there isn't always) and if the female worms hadn't come out the night before to deposit eggs, the test comes back negative. That's what I believe happened. I know that I had pin worms, on more than one occasion, because I saw and felt them.

I was tested a couple years back. And I do suffer from a lot of the symptoms that I've read concerning them, I just didn't mention them in my post because that's not the question I was asking. I just asked if they're the type of thing that go away on their own, or if they stay with you until treated. But, I found out my answer to that question last night.
omgseriouslywtf
New Hypochondriac

Postby hypotoo » Thu Sep 11, 2008 4:48 pm

So why have you failed to have this problem treated?
hypotoo
Full Blown Hypochondriac

Postby omgseriouslywtf » Fri Sep 12, 2008 12:51 am

Didn't know if it was something that went away on its own or not. I'm still having a hard time finding an answer to that question on the internet. The nurse told me she didn't think they did, and the internet says a bunch of things. So I'm going to go get it checked out soon regardless.
omgseriouslywtf
New Hypochondriac

Return to Symptom Support